Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stockings

I wish that I were thinking of Christmas stockings or lingerie stockings, but I'm not. I have a prescription that I need to fill for my stockings for my varicose vein treatment. My procedure is a week away and I haven't bothered to look at the material or to pick up my fitted stockings.

Last night RUR came over before heading out of town for a two day training. He then decided he could postpone his initial departure time and wait until I finished up with parent teacher conferences and we could grab dinner before he hit the road. He had some work he needed to complete and when he went to grab his laptop I decided to flip through my material. He happened to walk behind me as I mentioned the prescription. He asked where I needed to pick up the stockings. I told him. And his comment...

You get to meet my ex-wife. She works there and she's the one that does the fittings! Fabulous.

I have to say that was a little flustering. I felt like I had lost my bearings. I didn't know what to say or what to think. How was I suppose to meet this man's ex-wife. And, truly, did he have to mention that? I would have been just fine with not knowing her or after the fact learning that it was his ex. Or putting two and two together if she wore a name tag.

All I can think...awkward. And to make matters more interesting, he's already talked to her about me. So yeah, my not so common name...she'll definitely put two and two together, no doubt.

No comments: