Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hunting Season

As most are more than well aware, November 15 is opening day of gun season. T's dad hunts, or attempts to hunt or finds solace with nature or away from civilization. Actually I don't know what he does, other than he leaves town and doesn't visit with T.

November is always a crazy and chaotic month for me. I know that I have chosen to be a single parent. Although, it wasn't really only my choice, it was a choice I made for all of us. For the well being of all of us. And honestly, it's been a fabulous one! I also chose to not live near my family and not have babysitters. My choice.

Nevertheless, the change in schedule to having my son 22 out of 30 days for the month of November is always a testing of my patience and my parenting. After twelve years, I've come to need the welcomed breaks of joint custody. While it wasn't anything I would have desired for my son, I do know that it's worked out best for him to have parents that are not together. Additionally, our time apart makes us healthier when we are together. I couldn't imagine it any other way. And before I know it, it will be December!

No comments: