Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Colorado

Many months ago, in my madness of purchasing off the auction, I purchased a condo for a week in Keystone Colorado. I had choice of one week during the months of January or February. Honestly, the Saturday - Saturday stay wouldn't have been my first choice since it doesn't bode well with my parenting schedule, but such is life.

When I purchased the condo, which sleeps six, I had talked about it with friends beforehand. I've had enough vacations gone awry as well as auction purchases that I thought were a good idea only to find them be more of a headache or stressful than I imagined.

I've also had too many vacations that I have planned to include a guy that I was dating at the time. Only to find that I didn't want to be dating them anymore or after the fact how much more fun I would have had without them. So this vacation, I will not invite anyone that I am dating or anyone that would want to date me. Really, I'm not that conceited, but I don't want to deal with being with someone for a week that isn't really interested in skiing and Colorado!

Finding six people who have the time and financial means has proven quite the challenge. Much more than I would have anticipated. I thought between the three of us that are going, we could have others or friends interested in going, not the case. TS had a couple that have backed out.

So as odd as it may seem, through the dating site, I was talking to someone that had lived in Summit County and was interested in skiing. We actually met a few weeks back for the sole purpose of the trip. I'm pretty sure he's not interested in dating me. I even suggested if he had a friend or two interested, it may be better. Kind of like being back in college for a week of co-habitating only to crash but everyone does their own thing. What better is that? Me not having to be responsible for everyone? He actually seems pretty normal and I'm hoping that it works out. He said that he has a friend interested in going, but hasn't confirmed.

I'm asking for half of the money for the week as a non-refundable deposit ($100). I really don't think $200 for a week at the base of Keystone is that unaffordable. It's the rest of the trip that is going to get costly - transportation, skiing, etc. We are considering driving out so we don't have to fly to Denver and then rent a car. We also won't have to worry about luggage and renting skis. I also love the idea of packing food for the trip as well! I just wonder how it's all going to come together. JN isn't sure she wants to drive out, opting to fly unless we stay in a hotel each night for the drive, which TS and I aren't interested in planning. I can only hope that the tension for a week is far less than the three of us in Chicago. I'm actually looking forward to some testosterone to add to the mix. TS suggested that we allow people to come along for only $100 for the condo, but I'm not that desperate to have more people take advantage of the trip! Besides, if they can't afford the extra $100, they likely can't afford skiing or their own entertainment either! I'm not about to sign up to be someone's personal entertainer too!

No comments: